Safety is the fundamental foundation for every Geo-Solutions project.
At Geo-Solutions we are devoted to providing our employees, clients, and the public a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to health and safety emanates directly from our President and CEO, including a hands-on approach to safety on every project. Choosing Geo-Solutions as your partner shows a devotion to human health and environmental improvement. We are extremely proud of our health and safety record, programs, and standard operating procedures.
Geo-Solutions’ Commitment to Safety
Our commitment to safety begins with compliance with all applicable statutes, regulations, and ordinances. One of the core components of our safety program is risk based hazard identification, including:
- Site Specific Safety Plans (SSSP or HASPs)
- Project Specific Task Hazard Analysis (THAs or JSAs or JHAs)
- Safety Audits / Inspections
- Employee Training
- Subcontractor Evaluation – Lagging and Leading Indicators
- Stop Work Authority
Geo-Solutions’ site superintendents hold the overall responsibility for managing safety on our project sites. The superintendents are matched to each job site / assignment according to their level of training, experience, and past performance for completing assignments in a safe, professional, and efficient manner. Our superintendents conduct tailgate safety meetings at the beginning of each workday to discuss site safety issues from previous workdays as well as potential areas of concern for the work ahead. In support of the superintendents’ efforts to keep our projects running safely, all employees are empowered with stop work authority to ensure that potentially unsafe conditions are identified and corrected.
From a training standpoint, all of Geo-Solutions’ field staff members have received a minimum of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with current 8-hour updates and are enrolled in a medical monitoring program with yearly physicals. Many field staff members have received additional training including but not limited to OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour Construction, 8-hour HAZWOPER supervisory, powersafe, confined space, excavation safety, rigging and signalperson, first aid/CPR/AED, radiological worker II training, and the gold shovel standard.
Geo-Solutions’ safety department is managed by a Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and is structured to assist line management with regulatory compliance and optimize safety performance. The safety department oversees our safety program development, management, training, auditing, and case management. Geo-Solutions’ safety staff is available to all employees and customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our electronic reporting program (SiteDocs) helps us track and retain trends occurring in the field in real time. This tool helps us to make proactive adjustments by reviewing near misses, audits, safety observations, incident reports, toolbox talks, and inspections. Incident prevention is an integral part of our corporate safety culture, and therefore we strive to make sure it is seamlessly integrated into our daily business practices. When an incident does occur it is Geo-Solutions’ objective to determine what the causes of the incident are. When we have established the root cause of the incident, we communicate to the rest of the company what hazards, unsafe acts, or new mitigation techniques can be used to eliminate reoccurrence of similar incidents.
Geo-Solutions is committed to achieving safe production. We believe in protecting the safety and health of our own employees and that of other personnel who may be impacted by our work. We also believe that we can and must take the time to do our work safely and strongly believe that safety, production, and quality can all work harmoniously to achieve our ultimate goal of zero losses.
One basic goal relative to the achievement of safe production is the prevention of incidents, injuries, and illnesses, all of which we believe to be preventable. To achieve this objective, our activities are guided by the following doctrine:
- Management has the responsibility for health and safety; and therefore, is responsible for preventing incidents from occurring.
- Supervision must create a safe and healthy work environment, with assistance of appropriate personnel, safety, and upper management who set the tone for our safety commitment.
- Health and safety must be an integral part of Geo-Solutions’ operations; and, therefore, must receive equal priority in every business decision and operation.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations is a job requirement on every project.
- Every Geo-Solutions employee is responsible for fulfilling their duties in a safe manner and, therefore, safety is a job performance requirement for all employees.
- Most importantly, every Geo-Solutions employee is empowered to perform their work safely and has Stop Work Authority if they feel they are working in an unsafe environment, or don’t fully understand their task. This action will never result in any negative repercussions and sends the message that we want our employees to be aware of their surroundings and realize that safety generates success.
Brown Bag Lunch
Learn more about us in person.
Sign up for a "Brown Bag Lunch" seminar that will provide a general overview of our company and our services.
Let us know what your remedial needs are and we will tailor our presentation accordingly.