Our Outstanding Health and Safety Record
At Geo-Solutions we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and any other person who may be affected by our operations at our jobsites and offices. This commitment comes directly from our President and CEO and has resulted in our excellent safety record, for example we’ve had an OSHA Recordable Rate of 0.0 for 7 out of the past 10 years! Choosing Geo-Solutions as your partner is the safe choice.
We are extremely proud of our Health and Safety Record, Program and Standard Operating Procedures. This program places importance on management’s use of safe working practices and accident prevention techniques.
Geo-Solutions’ Commitment to Safety
Our commitment to safety begins with compliance with all applicable statutes, regulations, and ordinances. One of the core components of the administration of our safety program is risk based hazard identification, including:
- Development of Site Specific Safety Plans (SSSP or HASPs)
- Project Specific Task Hazard Analysis (THAs or JSAs or JHAs) Development and Ongoing Review
- Job Site Safety Audits / Inspections
- Employee Training
- Stop Work Authority
Geo-Solutions’ site superintendents have overall responsibility for managing safety on our project sites. The superintendents are matched to each job site / assignment according to their level of training, experience, and past performance for completing assignments in a safe, professional, and efficient manner. Our superintendents conduct tailgate safety meetings at the beginning of each workday to discuss site safety issues from previous workdays as well as potential areas of concern for the work ahead. In support of the superintendents efforts to keep our projects running safely, all employees are empowered with no repercussions “stop work” authority to ensure that potentially unsafe conditions are identified and corrected.
From the standpoint of training, all of Geo-Solutions’ field staff have received a minimum of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training, current 8-hour updates, and are enrolled in a medical monitoring program with yearly physicals. Many on staff have received additional training including OSHA 10 or 30-hour Construction, 8-hour HAZWOPER supervisory, Powersafe, confined space, excavation safety, rigging and signalperson, first aid/CPR/AED, and radiological worker II training.
Geo-Solutions’ safety department is managed by a Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and is structured to assist line management with regulatory compliance and optimize safety performance. The safety department oversees safety program development and management, training, auditing (at all levels of the organization), and case management. Geo-Solutions’ safety staff is available to all employees and customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Geo-Solutions takes safety very seriously and is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for all of its workers, site visitors, and the public at large.
All incidents have root causes and it is Geo-Solutions’ objective to determine those causes and communicate them to the rest of the company through safety meetings, incident alerts, and other information that is disseminated throughout the company via electronic means and postings within the office. Most importantly, it is our policy to determine the root cause(s) and make the appropriate corrective actions and promote safety culture development. Incident prevention is an integral part of our corporate safety culture and therefore we stive to make sure it is seamlessly integrated it into our daily business practices.
Geo-Solutions is committed to achieving safe production. We believe in protecting the safety and health of our own employees and that of other personnel who may be impacted by our work. We also believe that we can and must take the time to do our work safely and strongly believe that safety, production and quality can all work harmoniously to achieve our ultimate goal of zero losses.
One basic goal relative to the achievement of safe production is the prevention of injuries and illnesses, all of which we believe are preventable. To achieve this end, our activities are guided by the following doctrine:
- Management has the responsibility for health and safety; and therefore, is responsible for preventing incidents from occurring.
- Supervision must create a safe and healthy work environment, with assistance of appropriate personnel, safety and upper management who set the tone for our safety commitment.
- Health and safety must be an integral part of Geo-Solutions’ operations; and, therefore, must receive equal priority in every business decision and operation.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations is a job requirement on every project.
- Every Geo-Solutions employee is responsible for fulfilling their duties in a safe manner and, therefore, safety is a job performance requirement for all employees.
- Most importantly, EVERY Geo-Solutions employee is empowered to perform their work safely and has Stop Work Authority if they feel they are working in an unsafe environment or don’t fully understand their task. This action will never result in any negative repercussions and sends the message that we want our employees to be aware of their surroundings and realize that “Safety Brings Us Home.”
Brown Bag Lunch
Learn more about us in person.
Sign up for a "Brown Bag Lunch" seminar that will provide a general overview of our company and our services.
Let us know what your remedial needs are and we will tailor our presentation accordingly.