COVID -19 Response
During these uncertain and trying times, Geo-Solutions primary concern is protecting its most important resources, its employees, and the employees of its clients. To do so, Geo-
Solutions has developed and implemented an infectious disease response plan tailored to COVID-19 which is being utilized at all of its worksites and physical locations. The program focuses on:
Hazard Recognition & Mitigation – employee training on the virus, including:
- Vulnerable individuals
- Understanding risk
Self-Evaluation – employee self-evaluation of risk, including a series of questions used prior to entering active work areas:
- Am I experiencing symptoms?
- Have I been around others who have tested positive or have been ordered to self-isolate?
- Have I traveled to areas determined to be hotspots?
- Have I left the country?
If the employee answers “yes” to any of these questions, they are being directed to consult a physician or utilize Geo-Solutions’ medical monitoring service to further evaluate their risk prior to entering a company facility or jobsite.
Disease Control – practices used onsite to control potential exposure and spread covering:
- Proper hygiene
- Social distancing
- Outdoor tailgate safety meetings – employees maintain 6’ distance from others
- Limited access to site trailers
- Employee vehicle use and sharing
- Tool & equipment sharing
- Hard copy paperwork reduction
- Close contact (<6’) task approval, JSAs, and additional PPE
- Use of face coverings
- General cleaning including proper disinfectants & PPE
Medical Evaluation – Geo-Solutions utilizes the services of a medical monitoring service to evaluate any potential exposure concerns for its workers. This service is utilized to evaluate risks of employees for offsite exposures and onsite concerns.
Travel – Geo-Solutions has also developed a temporary travel policy to address hazards related to travel. Travel has been limited to essential work related trips following guidelines outlined in the policy.
Geo-Solutions is committed to meeting the needs of its clients while protecting its employees, its client’s employees, and the public. Geo-Solutions believes that together we can all get through this.
More resources available at: