All incidents have a root cause and it is Geo-Solutions' objective to determine those causes, communicate them to the rest of the company through safety meetings, incident alerts, and other information that is disseminated throughout the company via electronic means and postings within the office. Most importantly, it is our policy to determine the root cause(s) and make the appropriate corrective actions and promote a safety culture development. Incident prevention must be instilled into our corporate safety culture and be seamlessly integrated it into our daily business practices.
Geo-Solutions is committed to achieving safe production. We believe in protecting the safety and health of our own employees and that of other personnel who may be impacted by our work. We also believe that production is not so urgent that we cannot take the time to do our work safely and strongly believe that safety, production and quality all work harmoniously and if one is impacted, typically the other two are as well.
One basic goal relative to the achievement of safe production is the prevention of injuries and illnesses, all of which we believe are preventable. To achieve this end, our activities are to be guided by the following doctrine:
- Management has the responsibility for health and safety; and therefore, is responsible for preventing incidents from occurring.
- Supervision must create a safe and healthy work environment, with assistance of appropriate personnel, safety and upper management setting the tone for our safety commitment.
- Health and safety must be an integral part of Geo-Solutions' operations; and, therefore, must be an equal priority in every business decision and operation.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations is a job requirement on every project.
- Every Geo-Solutions employee is responsible for fulfilling his duties in a safe manner and, therefore, safety is a job performance requirement for every such employee.
- Most importantly, EVERY Geo-Solutions employee is empowered with safety and has Stop Work Authority if they feel they are working in an unsafe environment or don't fully understand their task. This action will never result in any negative repercussions and will hopefully send the message that we want our employees to be aware of their surroundings and realize that "Safety Brings Us Home."
If you'd like to learn more about our safety record, call us at 724-335-7273.